Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1st anniversary bliss :)

This past weekend, my wonderful hubby Jason and I celebrated our very first wedding anniversary!! I can't BELIEVE it's already been an entire year...time flies when you are living the life of your dreams!! :) And Jason has made my dreams come true...he makes me feel like a princess. Every day I count my blessings that God led me to the most incredible man in the entire world.

He told me that he can't wait to celebrate the next fifty anniversaries...so sweet, I love you baby :).

What did we do to celebrate our special day? Well, right now we are trying to start building a nest egg and save some money for rainy days and so we did it up low cost! In the afternoon, we went antiquing and had sooo much fun! I absolutely love anything that's vintage or "old" and so it was wonderful to see and pore over all of the unique items in the stores. We saw old birdcages, hats, furniture, dolls, coins, dishes...you name it! I love thinking about the people who used to own these things...what their lives were like and how the item was maybe important to them. Now, a piece of their lives is sitting in a store waiting for someone else to admire and perhaps even buy it...it makes you nostaglic for the past and for the people and things that you have loved and lost.

Anyways, later in the day we packed up a delicious picnic of cheese, crackers, fresh peaches, and sandwiches and headed to a beautiful park in our area. It was so refreshing to feel the cool evening breeze and relax amidst trees and families enjoying their free time. We didn't stay too long as bugs began eating us up, but it was long enough for us to have had a wonderful time!! When we got home, we shared a bottle of wine and pieces of cake...no, not our original cake unfortunately (which was delicious!!) but my amazing mother thought to save some of the intricate sugar flowers from off our wedding cake. They were so sentimental to me that I decided to save the ones that I had placed on my piece of cake, but Jason asked if they were edible! I thought he was kidding, but I had replied that yes, I was pretty sure they were made out of sugar. Next thing I know, I hear a loud crunching sound haha!! Definitely illustrates how men aren't always too sentimental about things lol :).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Jason sent me a beautiful huge bouquet of pink roses...my favorite flower. Breathtaking. Fragrant. Gorgeous. They are the most beautiful flowers I have ever received. He did a good job!! The roses opened beautifully and have been filling our house with their sweet, delicate fragrance. I told Jason the other night that I think God created roses especially for women, because he knew how much we would love them and how much enjoyment we would get out of them. His reply? That God created flowers so men could have a way to get out of trouble when they are in the doghouse hahaha! My hubby makes me laugh all the time, he has such a great sense of humor.

Anyways, I do love roses though...the symbolism of beautiful, fragile petals combined with the sharp thorns always reminds me of what life is like. There are happy, peaceful moments interspersed with pain and sorrow. But in the end, you still have something that is beautiful and meaningful.

Happy anniversary baby...thank you for an amazing first year and for making me the happiest woman in the world...I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you...

love,
your wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs