Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Boston teaparty

My hubby and I just returned from a delightful trip to Boston, MA! It was kind of a dual purpose trip...Jason was attending a medical conference there, but my sister and her husband live there as well! Our hotel turned out to be only about a mile from their apartment, and so I was able to simply walk down there everyday and visit my little niece, Addie.

There is so much sightseeing to do in this great city! The first day there, we took a walk along the Charles River and watched crew races...what lovely scenery! We also took Addie one day to the Boston Public Garden which happens to be the oldest park in America...thank you to the Founding Fathers for their insight in preserving land where people can watch ducks and hang out!

Another day, I went by myself to the Museum of Fine Arts and spent several hours there. Even after these couple hours, I feel as if I barely scratched the surface! There is a massive Ancient World section with art, sculpture and artifacts from the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. I particularly enjoyed the Egyptian exhibits as I've always been interested in Egyptology! I also spent quite a bit of time in the European section where they have several paintings from Monet and Van Gogh. Monet's garden scenes of waterlilies and poplar trees are so serene and calming...they just remind me of perfect, happy summer days. I skimmed through the American Arts section as my feet were starting to ache by this point, as you can imagine!

Jason was able to take a morning off from his conference for us to walk the Freedom Trail. I loved this part of our trip the most, because we were able to see so much of Boston. The Trail takes you from the starting point of one of the oldest cemeteries in America where notables such as John Hancock and Samuel Adams are buried, past the Old North Church where Paul Revere made his famous midnight ride warning that the British were coming and ending in CharlesTown with the monument remembering the battle of Bunker hill.

Overall, it was an amazing trip. I love that Boston has such an incredible history...where the fight for our independence began! Oh, and I can't fail to mention the wonderful New England seafood it has as well ;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs